News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Added user not displaying in sandbox
Tags: sandbox
May 12, 2018 at 6:23am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
joe-t

My overall goal is to call someone in the sandbox, then record the call with *9, and then retrieve the recording thru the REST API.

So far I have set up the sandbox and can login to the admin portal and also use the Softphone Google extension on Ubuntu Linux.

I tried to call someone from the sandbox, but I can't call to an external number (although I can call in with my personal cell). So I reason that I need a sandbox number to call. Scanning the forums, it seems that I need to Add a User to my sandbox account. So I click Users, then Add User, and set up a new phone number in Quebec. I then choose Softphone for the new user and the setup pretends it is shipping it for $0.00. After submitting, everything looks OK except that I was never asked to enter a name, which I thought odd. But when I go back to the Users menu, the new user is not added. If I click Add User again, it indicates that one user has been used in my sandbox Plan of 4-4 users and only three remain. Therefore it looks to me like the new user has been added but not displaying properly, even if I enable all roles, etc.

I did notice that under Unassigned Extensions, there is one called "Ext. with RingCentral Phone app" (438) 806-7603 Is this the one I am supposed to use to practice calling out? Is it intentional by design that the sandbox cannot add users? The Softphone won't let me call out on that either... it says: "Your extension is not allowed to make outbound calls with browser currently." Thank you for the help and advice.

2 Answers
answered on May 14, 2018 at 3:13pm  
Thanks Phong!  The UI gave me no inclination to click the row to get the form!  All it said was "Delete"  They should have an "Edit" next to the "Delete".

answered on May 14, 2018 at 7:33am  
Hi Joe,

You are right on everything. Now, under the Unassigned Extensions, select the extension you created and fill out the form. You have to provide a new email address for that extension (think it's your employee). You will receive an activation link via email to the email address you've just provided. Follow the instruction on the email to complete that user setup.

Hope this helps.
Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us