question

steve-tuinstra10024 avatar image
steve-tuinstra10024 asked steve-tuinstra10024 answered

video API?

Is there an API for doing video calls? I searched but didn't find anything. I see API calls for scheduling RingCentral Meetings but not for doing the actual video feed or GLIP video chat.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Steve,

You are very close for looking at the meeting APIs. You can use the schedule or create meeting API with these query params:
"allowJoinBeforeHost": true,  "startHostVideo": true,   "startParticipantsVideo": true,
Please see the API reference for more details.  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefMeetingCreation

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steve-tuinstra10024 avatar image
steve-tuinstra10024 answered
I'm looking for the video feed itself, along with the audio feed that would go with it.   This would be for a kiosk that would have the ability to start an on demand video session with customer service staff.
The kiosk would be located at a customer site and the our staff would be at our offices.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys