News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Shared text line
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 3, 2022 at 10:33am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Justin Scarberry

My company has a need for outside users (non Ring Central numbers) to text a common number as a "help" line to speak with a technician. The problem I have is I need this to be setup similar to a shared inbox. Meaning, a text comes in, a number of defined technicians see it, first available responds. I would like the response to come from the "help line" number, not the individual number of the tech who responded.

Is this possible?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 7, 2022 at 8:15am  

We don't have this kind of setup available for SMS. The operator extension is the only user who can text from the main number.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/How-to-access-the-advanced-call-handling-feature-of-the-auto-receptionist.html

You may submit a Feature Request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

on Apr 5, 2024 at 1:53pm   •  0 likes

Hello Mary,

Have we made any progress around the shared text feature? My company and I are wanting to utilize this feature if it is something that is now available. Please let me know. Thank you much!

on Apr 9, 2024 at 9:08am   •  0 likes

Hi Frederick, thank you for expressing interest in this feature. Our product team has it on their roadmap, and it was initially scheduled for release in Q2. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, its launch has been postponed to Q4.

on Apr 10, 2024 at 12:03pm   •  0 likes

I am also interested in this feature where can I see the roadmap to track it?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us