News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Yealink T48s and intercom.
Tags: hardware
Jan 13, 2022 at 9:28am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Pete Wells

We just switched to RingCentral and are trying to utilize the intercom system with the Yealink T48s and Expansion docks. We have gotten the intercom to work by pressing Intercom on the Yealink T48 then entering the Extension Number we wish to use. However when we add someone to the expansion hotkey and setting it up with Intercom to a specific user it just rings the user.

How do we get this to work on the Yealink T48s with Expansions?

on Jan 14, 2022 at 9:48am   •  0 likes

@Pete Wells I'm currently checking the answer for your question. I'll get back to you soon.

on Jan 14, 2022 at 3:15pm   •  0 likes

@Pete Wells Have you tried by pressing *85 and following the prompt instead of pressing the Intercom button?

on Jan 18, 2022 at 6:59am   •  0 likes

That works as does pressing the intercom button then the extension. Neither of which answers the question.

With the T48s phones with have the EXP40 expansion module and it can be programed with intercom speed dials however when we try to use them it makes a normal call. How do we get that function to work?

on Jan 18, 2022 at 2:28pm   •  1 likes

Unfortunately, pressing the intercom key and then a presence line will not initiate an intercom call - it will simply call the user (as you've noticed).

The only workaround would be to set manual speed dials with the intercom star code and their extension. Ex: let's say I want to one touch intercom extension 200. I would add a manual speed dial on my Yealink phone and use *85*200 as the contact # and enter in the user's name/extension as the label.

on Jan 18, 2022 at 2:35pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for the workaround. Not a very user friendly way to do this but it works. Should be able to use the phones features how they are made.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us