question

OTF Fitness avatar image
OTF Fitness asked Phong Vu commented

How is resending SMS handled?

Using Python and and RingCentral SDK I made an app that would send an SMS message to phone numbers listed in a file in succession. After polling the message store I noticed that some of the messages had a "messageStatus" of "sendingFailed". I was wondering how this case is handled. Does the API attempt a resend on your behalf, or do you make another message request in hopes the next one succeeds?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

The system will automatically resent for 3 times. You can also check the "smsSendingAttemptsCount" to see if it reached the max value. It can be "sendingFailed" or "deliveryFailed".

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

OTF Fitness avatar image OTF Fitness commented ·

If a resend is successful does it change the messageStatus attribute to reflect the new status?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ OTF Fitness commented ·

Yes, it does.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys