News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Unable to activate either automated or on demand call recording in my sandbox account
Tags: developer sandbox
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:44am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Peter Lisle

I have followed the documentation on how to activate call recording but in my sandbox account where the option should be there is nothing!

This means I am unable to make any recordings on this account and therefore am unable to test the recording api calls which I need to graduate my app to production status.

Please help.

on Feb 28, 2022 at 7:39am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu I am having the same issue with my Sandbox. Client ID:3DX2no43QFmBMxrTwVp2Mw

Could you either enable Automatic Call recording or help us graduate our app out of sandbox? We are a UK based sandbox.

2 Answers
answered on Sep 16, 2021 at 7:23am  

Hi, my sandbox account ID is 695596005

on Sep 16, 2021 at 11:24am   •  1 likes

Your sandbox account is not enabled for automatic call recording. You should be able to click the Record button on the RingCentral Desktop phone to record though. Did you try that or did you try dial *9 to record?

I also enabled automatic call recording for your sandbox too.

on Sep 17, 2021 at 1:08am   •  0 likes

Hi,

I made a test call (inbound) this morning and no recording was made!

I then checked the admin portal and again there are no options anywhere (Phone System or User) where I can check or change any settings for call recordings (automatic or on-demand).

I need a resolution to this as I can't make any progress until I have at least one recording that I can use to test and graduate my app.

Also can you clarify if the API call limits are per app/user/min or just per user/min i.e. across all apps?

Regards,

Peter.

on Sep 17, 2021 at 7:11am   •  0 likes

I checked your sandbox account again and found that it is a U.K based sandbox account. For some reason, call recording feature is not supported for the sandbox at all. I will check with some expert to see how we can enable the feature for your sandbox. Meanwhile, I manually move your app to the production so you can run the app to read call recordings on the production environment.

For API limit, it is per app per user. Read this blog for more.

on Sep 16, 2021 at 11:45pm   •  0 likes

Hi Phong Vu,

I had tried to press the record button on the desktop phone app but got a message that the feature was not allowed but if you have enabled automatic recording then that will solve my issue.

Thank you very much.

Peter.

answered on Sep 16, 2021 at 6:57am  

What is your sandbox account id or main company number?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us