News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Notifications in Desktop Notification Center
Tags: phone, notifications
Aug 23, 2021 at 6:06pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Alexa Carr

While using the RC small phone, before switching to the RC App on my Windows 10 Desktop, I was able to have my incoming calls notify me using the notification center in the lower right hand part of my screen. Now that I am using the RC App there is no setting for such. Is there anyway to do this so I don't have to continuously bring the RC app to foreground, I use glip for messaging my coworkers and I need the incoming calls to be as a separate notification. I miss important messages from my team when the whole app pops up since it considers the messages as "seen" even if I am just answering a call. Is there a way to receive notifications for incoming calls that does not bring the RC App to foreground? And possibly a way to receive notifications in my Windows 10 Desktop notification center? I still need to be notified of the incoming call, but I can not have glip messenger pop up every time I get a call.

on Aug 25, 2021 at 4:20pm   •  0 likes

Hey, Alexa! We've shared this feedback with the product team. They have some notification updates planned and this feedback was helpful.
We'll update you when we have further details.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us