question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked Phong Vu answered

Can I see the call recording duration from the call record?

I'm working on a requirement for a customer, and I need to find calls in the call log where the recording duration is > 60 seconds. Within the call record, I see the property "duration", which pertains to the entire call. The problem is that sometimes my client's customers opt-out of the recording, and so the recording length is around 10-12 seconds, even though the actual call duration (indicated by the duration property) is anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Is there any way that I can obtain the duration of the recording from either the call record, or from the recording info record? Or, alternatively, is there a way that I can see if the caller "opted out" of the recording?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Matt,

I am afraid that it is the current limitation of the call-log API's response. You may need to first, download all recorded calls with the duration > 70 (or can be a bit greater number) then use some audio library to detect the actual duration of the files. I know this is not a perfect solution but it helps to solve the problem for now.

Kind regards,
Phong Vu
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys