News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Quick Start SMS -- SendingFailed
Tags: sandbox sms
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:45pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Anna Brock

I followed the instructions for the Quick Start App to send SMS in Python. Using the Sandbox credentials, the sms queues, but isn't delivered. I have confirmed that number has the 'SmsSender' feature. I have tried sending an sms to two personal mobile numbers as well as another RingCentral number that I know is able to send/receive sms. The status printed back is 'Queued'; when I check the messageStatus, they all show 'SendingFailed.' I'm not sure what I'm missing! Any help would be appreciated.

After the phone number info, the typical message info is as below:

{
   "type":"SMS",
   "creationTime":"2021-07-01T17:38:30.000Z",
   "readStatus":"Read",
   "priority":"Normal",
   "attachments":[
      {
         "id":9819398004,
         "uri":"https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/299110004/extension/299110004/message-store/9819398004/content/9819398004",
         "type":"Text",
         "contentType":"text/plain"
      }
   ],
   "direction":"Outbound",
   "availability":"Alive",
   "subject":"Test SMS using a RingCentral Developer account - Hallo World.",
   "messageStatus":"SendingFailed",
   "smsSendingAttemptsCount":1,
   "conversationId":3060223407456103798,
   "conversation":{
      "id":"3060223407456103798",
      "uri":"https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/conversation/3060223407456103798"
   }
}
2 Answers
answered on Dec 21, 2023 at 9:58am  

Hey @Phong Vu, can you please explain in more detail what you mean when you say "Add a direct number to your extension"? I'm getting the same exact error when doing the Quick Start SMS.

answered on Sep 23, 2022 at 2:20am  

Change SMS Provider First then I would recommend you to go SMSala Service Provider they provide good SMS service

answered on Jul 2, 2021 at 10:57am  

Thanks for your reply, @Phong Vu. I added a direct number to the sandbox account extension, and that seems to have done it! Do you happen to know if sending a text from a main company number is also an issue in production environments?

answered on Jul 2, 2021 at 6:41am  

Can you send a text message from your mobile number to the recipient number to make sure the recipient number is valid. If that works, can you login your sandbox account, add a direct number to your extension, and send a text message from the direct number (instead of the main company number).

Let me know

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us