Hello, I am using RingCentral Embeddable using my Sandbox Environment test data

When trying to login, it connects but then I get this error

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Refresh token is missing

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Refresh token is missing

Why could this be happening?

Thanks!

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Andrew Prokop commented

Can you let me know the platform type of your app? Or give me the app client id so I can check it.

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Prokop avatar image Andrew Prokop commented ·

I found this old question to a problem I am experiencing. My application uses "Password-based auth flow" and "Issue refresh tokens" is set to "Yes." Every so often I receive "Refresh token is missing." Sometimes my application recovers from this, but other times I have to restart the application to get it to work again. I never know when I will receive it. I have had the application run for a few days without seeing the problem. I have also seen it pretty quickly after the application starts.

My Client ID is 2Jq2niD7TFev7x8voo8Cdg

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Andrew Prokop commented ·

I don't think that this is the same issue as your app is password flow. The issue in this original question is about the RC embeddable which requires 3-legged authorization.

In your case, I am sure that the issue happened when you are testing different apps (your codes) which use the same RC app client id and login with the same user.

0 Likes 0 ·
Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji Andrew Prokop commented ·

Hi @Andrew Prokop It is recommended to use 3-legged-OAuth flow (Javascript) with refresh flow for the Embeddable widget. With other flows, you need to pass app client secret to the widget for refreshing token.
Can you help to create developer support ticket here https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case with your Embeddable version, client id, logs and HAR file.They can help us track the issue.

To collect HAR file, you need to open Chrome developer tool first, then reload the page to reproduce the issue. Then in network panel, right click to save all as HAR with content.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrew Prokop avatar image Andrew Prokop Embbnux Ji commented ·

@Embbnux Ji I've written a server application that doesn't need a user interface. From what I can tell from the RC application creation process, that's where I should be using a Password-based auth flow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys