Idea

bob-robinson avatar image
bob-robinson Posted ·

Alexa Skill Suggestions

Haven't used it much, but here are a few ideas on improving the RingCentral skill on Amazon Alexa.  I also wonder if there's a similar way to integrate with Siri.
  • Sometimes you want to hear the most recent voicemail... "Alexa, ask RingCentral to play my most recent voicemail"
  • If you have 4 new voicemails, you might want to listen to one of them in particular... "Alexa, ask RingCentral to play voicemail 3"
  • Navigate within the voicemail - "skip ahead 10 seconds" or "rewind 10 seconds"
  • Forward messages after hearing them... "forward to 9195551234"
  • Integrate with other Alexa functions... "set a reminder to call back at 3pm"
Also, if there was a way to whitelist an Echo device to not require a PIN, that would be nice.  I'm not really worried about anyone 'stealing' my voicemails on the Echo Dot in my bedroom so it would be nice to have options in the skill to toggle the PIN code requirement on or off.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Comment

· Write a Comment
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu Posted ·
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks! We will consider your suggestions and improve the skill for the new release. Most of your recommended features are doable except the navigation within the voicemail due to the constraint of playing SSML audio.

For the required PIN code, if you train your voice with your echo device, if Alexa recognizes it's your voice, the skill will not ask for the PIN code.
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.