Idea

kyle-tillman avatar image
kyle-tillman Posted ·

VCard via Business SMS

Is it possible to send a VCard through Business SMS using the REST API?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean Posted ·
No, since this would require MMS capabilities which the RingCentral SMS API does not currently support.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kyle-tillman Posted ·
That's what I thought from everything I read, but I wanted to confirm.

Is adding MMS support on the roadmap for some point in the future?

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Posted ·
MMS is on the roadmap for Business SMS via our REST API. Stay tuned for more news as we get closer to rolling this out.

kyle-tillman Posted ·
Glad to hear it.  We'll find another solution for now, but look forward to being able to transition this back when it's available.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Posted ·
MMS is now available with vCard support. Please see the following article for more information:

Write a Comment

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.