News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Why does the "screen share" never work??
Tags: meetings
Feb 18, 2020 at 9:59am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
bria-janke
When in a meeting, our "screen share" option rarely works. We are forced to end the meeting 2 or 3 times before the screen share works. This has been happening for several months. I am losing my patience with this!
on Feb 20, 2020 at 12:30pm   •  0 likes
I have 3 RC apps on my desktop. The phone, the meetings, and the newest (glip) app. When I launch a video call from a glip conversation, it says it is powered by zoom, but I am being told that Zoom is not compatible with the RC video meetings. I am not sure how that makes sense. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, cleared cashed images/cookies, etc and it is still a gamble each time we try to share our screens. We have had 300 person meetings going on where the presenter is not able to share his/her screen and it is very unprofessional and frustrating. The only thing that seems to help is starting, ending, and restarting the meeting a few times. That can't be the solution.
on Feb 24, 2020 at 1:20pm   •  0 likes
Bria,

Running an instance of Zoom and RC on your computer is going to cause compatibility issues. You'll need to delete one or the other. 

Make sure you're deleting all instances of Zoom: 

1. Click on the search option in the top right of your desktop
  2. Search for ~/Library/Preferences/ then select Preferences.  This will open up the Finder.
  3. In Finder, search for the file named ZoomChat.plist
  4. Right click on 'ZoomChat.plist', and select Move to Trash.
  5. Uninstall RC Meetings. Back in Finder, navigate to Applications.  Find RingCentral Meetings, right click and select Move to Trash.
  6. (If Applicable) Uninstall Zoom. Back in Finder, navigate to Applications.  Find Zoom.us, right click and select Move to Trash.  
  7. Right click on the Trash Can in the bottom right and select Empty Trash.
  8. Restart your Mac. 
  9. Reinstall RingCentral Meeting which can be found here: https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download?language=en_US

There are more details in this thread here.
on Apr 26, 2021 at 7:00am   •  1 likes

That is utterly ridiculous! In the time we are living, I need SEVERAL online meeting apps to meet with clients.

on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:17pm   •  0 likes

Agreed, this answer is absurd. I use Zoom 10x more than RC. If you're forcing me to choose between apps I'm choosing Zoom and taking my entire company with me.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us