News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Feature Request: Allow Site Admins to Edit Paging Queues
Tags: phone, ringcentral app, permissions
Nov 9, 2020 at 7:53am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
nick-rowland

We have Multi-Site enabled for our several branch locations and most have a local IT admin. For security reasons they are not SuperAdmins. However, we still give them certain permissions to update user extension settings and groups. We have done this by giving them the User Management role permissions and limiting the site to only their site. However, these permissions do not seems to apply to paging groups. If I remove the site restriction, they can see all sites and then they can add or remove extensions as needed to the paging group. But when restricted again to only their site, they get an error: "Mailbox has no permission to this action."

After working with RC support for several weeks, they suggested I submit a feature request for this.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 7:59am   •  0 likes

"After working with RC support for several weeks" which team did you refer to? This is kind of question should be submitted to a devsupport@ringcentral.com channel.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:03am   •  0 likes

I worked with RingCentral's enterprise support team. This is the channel they recommended I post this. I am not a developer so I don't know why I would submit it to that channel.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:07am   •  0 likes

This site is dedicated to developers with mainly programming questions. Let me move your question to Customer support. At the same time, the devsupport@ringcentral.com is dedicated for customers to solve both programming and admin configurations supports.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:30am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu Thanks for shifting this to the Customer side.
@nick-rowland We have an ideas portal where we encourage you to submit feature requests and ideas.
Click HERE to share those ideas as we are working with all different parts of the business to support getting ideas and feature requests to the right teams.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:35am   •  2 likes

@Phong Vu @Becky-Community_Manager I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area. I was just trying to follow the instructions sent to me by RC enterprise support. They gave me the link to the Ideas page as well. I will use that for all feature requests from now on. Thanks!

on Nov 9, 2020 at 8:40am   •  0 likes

@nick-rowland Hey! No worries! Just glad you found your way over. Let us know if we can help!

Glad to have you.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us