News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SalesForce Rincentral App Slow
Tags: salesforce, softphone
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:46pm   •   14 replies  •  0 likes
rene-arellano

Yesterday there was an email sent out by Ringcentral saying that they were going to be moving the Data Centers to Chicago, IL. This morning our Ring Central within Sales Force has been extremely slow. Making it hard to use our dispositions. Is ringcentral aware of this issue? Is there a fix? This is slowing our Sales team down.

on Nov 4, 2020 at 9:39am   •  0 likes

We saw this using the Ring Central Desktop App, but the RC Phone app appears to work much better.

Our symptom was that the CTD would click, the App would trigger and call, but the CTI in Salesforce simply wouldn't update.

on Sep 26, 2019 at 5:59pm   •  0 likes
hi Shaun,

Wanted to check if you are still seeing the delay in initiation of call?
on Nov 5, 2019 at 4:31pm   •  0 likes
Hi! We had this fixed in 6.4. Please also update or reinstall your softphone. Let us know if this delay still happens. Thanks for your feedbacks!
on Sep 13, 2018 at 9:56am   •  1 likes
We're seeing the same issue...running very slow. Like there isn't enough bandwidth to handle the task. I opened a case since there isn't a known issue or resolution here. I read the moving of data centers email as well.
on Aug 12, 2019 at 8:40am   •  0 likes
We have a similar issue where it takes the RC Phone app and the Salesforce Call Adapter almost ten seconds to initiate the call after the user clicks on a phone number in Salesforce.  We are on version 6.3.  Did anybody find a solution to the slowness? Thanks!
on Apr 22, 2019 at 10:41am   •  0 likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Delay preventing use of click to dial. Salesforce. We have had issues in the past with a delay between clicking the phone number in Salesforce and the call/sound opening on the RC desktop app. This has been really bad the past week. Does anyone have solutions or workarounds? My sales team is having a lot of customers hang up because there is nobody there on our end.
on Apr 22, 2019 at 6:27am   •  0 likes
Rene, has there been any solution? The past few days we have had terrible delay between Salesforce and our RC desktop app. 
on Sep 27, 2019 at 8:20am   •  0 likes
Yes we are.  I've been working with Ross Recoter at RingCentral support.  My case number is 09194937.  I've had three or four phone calls with them at this point where I'm asked to reproduce the problem and then collect logs.  Although, nothing has yet to come of it.  With that being said, I narrowed it down to a problem between the Salesforce Call Adapter and the RC Phone desktop application.  If I change the Salesforce Call Adapter to utilize a Polycom Deskphone to initiate the call, there is no delay.  If I tell the Salesforce cal Adapter to utilize the RC Phone app to initiate the call, there is a consistent 7 second delay between clicking the number in Salesforce and the RC Phone app initiating the call.

on Sep 13, 2018 at 7:39am   •  0 likes
Actually spoke too soon. It started up again. With the same problem.
on Sep 13, 2018 at 7:27am   •  0 likes
Hello,

The problem as been fixed today.
on Sep 13, 2018 at 6:52am   •  0 likes
Hi Rene, are you still having issues today?
on Sep 14, 2018 at 12:59pm   •  1 likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral for Salesforce not working. The RingCentral App for Salesforce has been acting up for the last 3 days. I have had to contact support multiple times and have received no response or updates. This is slowing down our whole sales team. Yes, I have tried multiple browsers. Yes, I have tried updating the software. Yes, my computer is plugged in. Please fix the software.
on Sep 13, 2018 at 7:44am   •  0 likes
Hmmm...please open a Support Case so we can investigate!

1 Answer
answered on Oct 1, 2019 at 3:56pm  
Thank you so much Shaun for the details of the case. Yes, the root cause for the slowness is in the area of initializing and handoff of the call control to SoftPhone and we are working with the appropriate teams to investigate further on this issue. Using the desk phone is a good workaround until the issue if fixed.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us