News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call Forwarding API
Tags: call forwarding
Oct 12, 2020 at 10:19am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Vince

Hello I have a question about the call forwarding API, my current setup is
Main Number (Mask Number) -> Forwards to Huntgroup (huntgroup contains 4 numbers)

I want to forward the Main Number to an external number through the API by replacing the first Forwarding Number to the external number I want to forward to but I am getting the following error when I try to remove or update that number:

RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiException: Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list

It works on my Sandbox mode, forwards correctly, but when I change it to the Production mode it gives me the error above.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

on Oct 12, 2020 at 4:55pm   •  0 likes

Can you revise your question? I have no idea what you want to achieve, or what is the exact problem.

on Oct 13, 2020 at 7:50am   •  0 likes

I have 5 phone lines with Ringcentral. 1 line is a masked number where clients call in, this number gets transferred to my other 4 lines (whichever is not busy), I believe it's called the Call Queue Group.

I want to be able to transfer the masked line to an external number. I was able to achieve this in sandbox mode by deleting the forwarding number and creating a new one with these:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/deleteForwardingNumber
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/createForwardingNumber

But once I tried it in Production, it gives me the error:

RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiException: Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list

I also tried to update the forwarding number (which currently points to the primary number of the 4 lines) but also fails.

on Oct 13, 2020 at 7:51am   •  0 likes

So pretty much,

Sandbox:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Success) -> Create Forwarding External Number (Success) -> Calls Being Forwarded

Production:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Fail)
Masked Line -> Update Forwarding Number (Fail)

on Oct 15, 2020 at 6:47am   •  0 likes

Can you print out the error messages? And also the app client id

on Oct 22, 2020 at 12:36pm   •  0 likes

Delete API

403: Forbidden

{

"errorCode":

"FPN-107"

"message":

"Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list"

"errors":[0:{"errorCode":

"FPN-107"

"message":

"Device number cannot be deleted from the forwarding number list"

}]}

client id: I6FGDvCzQRuGRR6wBerh3w

1 Answer
answered on Oct 27, 2020 at 8:40am  

Sorry for the long delay. Got stuck at other tasks.

So the problem is that you can only use those APIs to manage (delete and update) forwarding numbers, NOT forwarding to other's phones (see attached image)

The behavior is the same for sandbox and production accounts.

I will update if and when I have a solution to this problem.

answered on Oct 13, 2020 at 7:50am  

I have 5 phone lines with Ringcentral. 1 line is a masked number where clients call in, this number gets transferred to my other 4 lines (whichever is not busy), I believe it's called the Call Queue Group.

I want to be able to transfer the masked line to an external number. I was able to achieve this in sandbox mode by deleting the forwarding number and creating a new one with these:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/deleteForwardingNumber
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Forwarding/createForwardingNumber

But once I tried it in Production, it gives me the error:

I also tried to update the forwarding number (which currently points to the primary number of the 4 lines) but also fails.

So pretty much,

Sandbox:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Success) -> Create Forwarding External Number (Success) -> Calls Being Forwarded

Production:
Masked Line -> Delete Forwarding Number (Fail)
Masked Line -> Update Forwarding Number (Fail)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us