News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Auto-Receptionist Delay between the Greeting and Connecting Announcement too Long
Tags: rest api
Nov 15, 2019 at 11:09am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Adam Zimmer

When the auto-receptionist recording is done playing, there is a 6 second delay between the end of the IVR and when it announces it is connecting. This is confusing since it sounds like you are being hung up on. We want the option to press 9 if the caller wants a specific person, but with the auto Receptionist this is not possible without the delay. Our office has found a work around by transferring all incoming calls directly to the front reception desk with the Greeting IVR attached to her extension, but now when anyone transfers from another phone to hers it plays the Intro greeting again. I have tried to create a custom call rule to disable the greeting when one of the other extensions or their respective direct phone numbers dials the front desk extension but it still plays. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way I can access the developer app and change the Auto Receptionist Delay to 1 or 2 seconds?

on Oct 7, 2020 at 12:38pm   •  0 likes

If you have automatic call recording turned on, I think it's standard for there to be a small announcement that the call may be recorded. We were having the same issue, and what we did to work around it was bypass the company greeting and go straight to whatever extension your trying to direct to, and instead we just recorded our company greeting with the call recording announcement at the end of it and uploaded that file to be what plays in place of the standard recording announcement. I hope this helps.

1 Answer
answered on Nov 18, 2019 at 11:04am  

I am afraid that you cannot change that 6-second delay because it is optimized by the system to give a caller enough time to react. Some rich IVR may give more keypress choices too.

You can only bypass the greeting and connect directly to an extension. But that is unfortunately, not what you want to achieve.

answered on Nov 18, 2019 at 10:36am  

The greeting plays, then there is a 6 second delay. If 9 or 0 has not been pressed in that 6 seconds, it says "Please wait while I connect you", followed by hold music. I want to shorten the 6 second delay to 1 or 2 seconds.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us