News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Multicast Stream Setup for Informacast
Tags: hardware
May 20, 2019 at 3:59pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
mike-rike

Hello. We utilize Informacast for emergency broadcasts at our facility. This software has the capability to send out audio to our polycom deskphones.

Information I need to plug in to my singlewire software is:

Address & Port where the deskphones are listening to Multicast broadcasting and Channel.

I can see under default settings of a Polycom VVX 411 "Paging/PTT Configuration" it's set to default at IP Address: 224.0.1.116 and port 5001.

I called support to confirm if this was the case for our programmed RingCentral phones, but they directed me to post my question here.

Can you kindly help?

Thanks!

on Dec 18, 2023 at 8:19am   •  0 likes

I have the same question - using RingCentral and Cisco 8851 phones. I cannot seem to find a default multicast stream that RingCentral has enabled on all of our phones. If I enable my own paging group parameters in the phone firmware under voice>phone, I need to set "Paging Serv" to YES in the supplementary services section. Every 15 minutes or so RingCentral resets that setting to NO which breaks informacast multicast alerts.

on May 17, 2023 at 2:12pm   •  0 likes

I have the same question - Can we program Informacast to send out notifications on 224.0.1.116 and port 5001 to Poly phones?

on Dec 18, 2023 at 8:19am   •  0 likes

I have the same question - using RingCentral and Cisco 8851 phones. I cannot seem to find a default multicast stream that RingCentral has enabled on all of our phones. If I enable my own paging group parameters in the phone firmware under voice>phone, I need to set "Paging Serv" to YES in the supplementary services section. Every 15 minutes or so RingCentral resets that setting to NO which breaks informacast multicast alerts.

1 Answer
answered on May 17, 2023 at 2:35pm  

Yes - please reach out to me brice.drogosch@singlewire.com

answered on May 17, 2023 at 2:10pm  

I have the same question - Can we program Informacast to send out notifications on 224.0.1.116 and port 5001 to Poly phones?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us