News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SMS Campaigns
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 10, 2023 at 11:34am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Antigone Killingstad

I created a campaign for client prospects and job applicants (texts are just to confirm they received our emails) = BASIC. I think I need to create a second one for communicating with my employees (I have a virtual office so that is our primary communication tool) = COMPLEX. Is there another option?

on Mar 10, 2023 at 4:52pm   •  0 likes

According to the video I received from RingCentral, it says most companies only need one campaign but didn't explain when a company might need multiple ones. I wanted clarification that I needed two because the type of messaging is different. For examples, prospects receive an email that says "it's Tailored Pet Services checking in to ensure you received our email". Employees would receive numerous types of texts regarding payroll deadlines, contacting clients, updates to schedule, etc. Does that help clarify my question?

on Mar 11, 2023 at 3:42pm   •  0 likes

So what the carriers are really looking for is use case in terms of is it conversational, informational (alerts, notifications), promotional, etc. If all the messages are conversational, then all could be registered under conversational.

If all are informational, then all could be listed under a dedicated campaign type that reflects that status.

In the event where you will have both conversational messages as well as informational updates, you can selected "Automated" for the type of campaign, and then select a "Mixed use case." This will allow you to register multiple use cases under one campaign.

Where I would recommend having multiple campaigns is when doing promotional or marketing messages to customers (these should be on their own campaign as they are often flagged as spam by recipients), or high volume notifications (eg sending the same message to 1,000+ people at the same time, or sending the same message repeatedly with the same content - Your driver is about to arrive).

on Mar 13, 2023 at 3:28pm   •  0 likes

I appreciate the clarification. I think all fall under conversational so I think I'm ok with the one campaign I created.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 12:33pm   •  0 likes

@Antigone Killingstad I think the process would be the same. Can you help me understand why one use case would be different from the others?
I want to make sure I'm understanding.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us