News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
how can I send a vcard to iphone?
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 23, 2022 at 9:22am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
lee-l

I can send vcard (vcf) files to android phones and they work perfectly. When I send to iphone users the file just appears as a text file.

What I have tried:

I created a vcard in outlook, saved it as a vcf and sent it to android and iphone. It worked on android but not on iphone.

I forwarded a contact from my android phone to iphone and that worked fine - one click to add to contacts on iphone.

I forwarded that vcf that worked on iphone over to my ringcentral phone. Downloaded the vcf and sent the same file back to the iphone and it broke again.

This tells me something about how ringcentral is handling vcf makes iphone not like it - but android has this figured out.

This feature is critical, prospects that save our contacts on their phone have a 30%+ higher buying tendency. It helps clear spam blockers for email when it is a recognized contact. It helps for picking up the phone when we call - spam blockers, etc etc.

Help! Maybe there is another method to text a contact to iphone?

on Mar 13, 2023 at 8:27am   •  1 likes

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

on May 2, 2023 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

Hello, this should be something of upmost importance. A customer having our contact information saved is literally what ring central should be about.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 1:53pm   •  1 likes

Hello,

Is there any update on this? When will this be fixed?

on May 25, 2022 at 11:21am   •  0 likes

Yes, I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to send a vcard from RC to iphone users and it not appear as a text file on the receiving iphone. Would be nice to have some support on how to accomplish this within the RC platform.

on Feb 23, 2022 at 1:08pm   •  0 likes

@lee-l I'm digging information on your concern.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 24, 2022 at 8:48am  

Hi @lee-l iOS doesn't support vCard, but I made a research and these tips here may help.

on Mar 1, 2022 at 5:32am   •  0 likes

I sent a contact from iphone to ringcentral, it came across as .vcard and would not download on the softphone PC app and gave an error. On the ringcentral android app it did allow me to download the .vcard file. When I sent that .vcard file BACK to the iphone it did not work. It is odd to me that Android can send vcard files to an iphone but Ringcentral cannot. I tried several of your methods including changing the version of the file, changing the extension from .vcf to .vcard. Nothing seemed to work when sending from Ringcenrtral.

on Mar 1, 2022 at 12:29pm   •  0 likes

Hi @lee-l, this feature is not available for iOS users, would you please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal so that our Product Team can check on this?

on Mar 13, 2022 at 8:18am   •  0 likes

This is a tremendous disappointment. How can a business utilize a phone/text communication platform where we cannot share an outlook contact (vCard)? And "submit a request", c'mon, has no one seriously thought about the necessity of this capability previously? We must have a solution asap. Thank You

on Feb 24, 2022 at 11:23am   •  0 likes

Hi Mary, thank you for the link. Do you know why Android is able to send a vcf contact to ios? The same file passing through Ringcentral does not work but directly texted from Android to ios seems to work fine. I tried editing the vcard file to be version 3 and making sure F and FN were on the file but that did not work.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us