News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS not working
Tags: sending sms, sms and text messaging
Mar 10, 2023 at 1:55pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Design Vocals

Hi,

It's been 5 days, SMS are not working and the automated message on chat support or call says about problem with RingCentral Outage and It will be resolved by Thursday which is passed away already. Also we can check the updates on the http://www.status.ringcentral.com/ and Fun part is that page is unreachable. How muhc longer it will take to resolve this issue?

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:43pm   •  0 likes

Please look for an update to be sent via email shortly.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:48pm   •  0 likes

RingCentral sucks. I'd suggest moving away asap.

2 Answers
answered on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:29pm  

For the further evidence, please visit to that corrected url you've provided me. You'll see who has the issue RingCentral or Mobile Carriers.

1678490887027.png

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:38pm   •  0 likes

Yea, the issue is that RingCentral has an outage of Outbound SMS messages. That's what this incident page shows.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:43pm   •  1 likes

They're still investigating since March 7 :)

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:42pm   •  0 likes

We will be providing an update on this issue to impacted customers shortly via email.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:45pm   •  1 likes

It will be appreciated more if you resolve the problem instead of replying via email. :)

answered on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:13pm  

@Design Vocals Where did you get that link from? This is the correct link https://status.ringcentral.com/

Unfortunately, the issue is on some mobile carriers, I believe that the issue has been escalated to the carriers and they are working on it.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi Phong Vu,

I have got this from another community post and i also checked https://status.ringcentral.com/ , it wasn't working either. Anyways, my main concern is about the issue related to SMS. Your reply isn't satisfactory and it suppose that your customer / technical support service has no idea about the problem. User can receive sms from mobile carriers but unable to reply / send.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:15pm   •  0 likes

The issue is with RingCentral, specifically as it relates to them being able to send outbound SMS. This is not a carrier problem as RingCentral appears to be the only provider affected by it.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us