News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TCR SMS
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 27, 2023 at 1:24pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Stephen Mitchell

We don't use SMS for anything but texting our store managers if they are having an issue that requires them to call us back for support. We have never texted a customer, and have no mechanism to ever send SMS campaigns. Anything to do with marketing SMS/Email is 100% outsourced third-party for them to send and is managed on their own hosted systems. I'm struggling with understanding how I am supposed to fill out a form that is not applicable to our business and yet keep SMS to our internal employees.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 1:27pm   •  0 likes

@Stephen Mitchell I am looking into this on behalf of another customer.
Please give me some time to source an answer.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 7:00am   •  0 likes

Our business is in the same boat. What do we do? We only text between staff and never outside. I don't even know how we would do that. Please advise.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 7:46am   •  0 likes

If you are able to attend we will be hosting a webinar today at 10am PST where we will be discussing this specific use case and how to register.

https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

Unfortunately, registration is still required, but there is a conversational campaign type you can select, and since it is conversational the level of consent required is significantly lower - as simple as them messaging you first, or you asking them if you can send them messages (verbally or in writing) with no logging requirement. Note if you are sending to numbers/ devices owned by your business, your business may be able to provide consent (not legal advice).

As a reminder, examples of how you would use opt-in, out, and help keywords and messages still need to be provided as part of your TCR registration.

Step by step instructions for registering a conversational use case can be found here: https://vimeo.com/800943217/8d31b26599

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:47am   •  0 likes

I tried to register. I can't get past the part of creating a Brand because the third step does not show up on my screen as an option.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:49am   •  0 likes

I tried to create the brand and the options in the instructions are not on my page.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:37am   •  0 likes

Mike...is this webinar being recorded? I'm just now seeing this and would love to be able to watch the webinar.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:49am   •  1 likes

@Brandi Waldman We will be working to get access to the recording for all.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:51am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager Thanks Becki! Where's the best place to keep an eye on for information on if/when the recording becomes available?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:51am   •  1 likes

I'm going to work with Mike to identify how we'll do that and update it here in the Community.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:52am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager thanks so much!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us