News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Feature: Background Wallpaper, Branding of our Cisco Phones, Custom Provisioning file that doesn't handicap phones
Tags: hardware, hardware, community announcement
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:41pm   •   2 replies  •  3 likes
Patrick Winkel

It's very very tacky and annoying RC still insists on uploading it's horrendous logo to our phones that we own. I've been a customer for a few years, this was promised to be fixed, I've seen that the professional services group can initiate this with my account manager, who honestly doesn't seem to care about me asking about this issue or telling me what can't be done..

It's one section of a provisioning file. I could easily override it, but I don't feel the need to have to add fancy tricks for something that should be enabled by default. Manual provisioning makes the phones utterly useless, especially since these are cisco 525g2....The service works flawlessly or I'd be changing but this really urks me we are forced to advertise for your service when we are already paying a good amount of money and we own the devices.

on Feb 26, 2023 at 2:11pm   •  1 likes

4 years later and you still can't use a custom wallpaper. Doesn't seem like a hard change to make.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:47am   •  0 likes

Hi! Seems like no one has submitted a feature request for this yet. Please put it i https://ideas.ringcentral.com/. Thank you!

on Oct 3, 2020 at 7:30am   •  0 likes

Would be great if you allow your clients to upload their own company logo to provisioned CISCO phones. I was not aware that RingCentral is preventing users to make any changes. This really sucks.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us