News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS in devtest
Tags: sending sms
Dec 23, 2022 at 1:20pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Sam Walker

I am trying to build an app, and I've created a sandbox login. I'm trying to test sending an SMS, but I can't figure out how to set up a phone number for SMS in `devtest`.

When I get the features of the phone numbers on my account, the only value I get is `CallerId`

on Dec 27, 2022 at 7:47am   •  0 likes

What is the sandbox main company number?

1 Answer
answered on Jan 23, 2023 at 4:45am  

I had the same exact problem. Can someone over at Ring Central get on this. My company is a customer ... it's just like over there, nobody is accountable for the Client ID and Secret. My five minute quick start is now Day-2!

on Jan 25, 2023 at 7:50am   •  0 likes

Hi AI Wendt,

Your sandbox number might be still not provisioned. It takes longer time now because the team is getting to the bottom of the issue and solve it once for any new sandbox phone number.

Your patience is much appreciated!

on Jan 25, 2023 at 10:25am   •  0 likes

The team just notified my that the number is provisioned. Can you run a test and let me know if it works or not.

on Jan 26, 2023 at 2:09pm   •  0 likes

Hi Phong. They had to give SMS Message permission to the number I was using through the sandbox account. Sending text messages through the Sandbox account, after it has be manually set for SMS message permissions through support, finally works. Thanks for the help. I now have to figure out how to send messages not with the sandbox account but with our production service, but that it a topic for another thread.

on Jan 23, 2023 at 8:11am   •  0 likes

Pay attention to the headline here. You can submit a support ticket directly here.

screen-shot-2023-01-23-at-81033-am.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us