News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Playing Recorded Audio Over Ring Central Call
Tags: phone
Jul 15, 2020 at 1:13pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
chets-4

We are using RingCentral's computer app with the phone icon with bluetooth headsets. We have this super long terms and conditions text we have to read the customer and then wait for them to say "I agree". I thought it would be really great if we could just play a pre-recorded terms and conditions audio which asks them at the end to say "I agree". At which point we know they have accepted.

What would be the best way to do this? I've been looking around trying to find the best option but most are super complicated and I think they will cause issues for our sales people.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know a good possible solution?

Thank you!

on Dec 15, 2022 at 2:35pm   •  1 likes

BUMP. I would like to do this too.

on Jul 15, 2020 at 1:52pm   •  0 likes
Heck, after many years, I still can't figure how to play real music, change holiday songs for incoming, hold, and transfer, for each person!
1 Answer
answered on Dec 15, 2022 at 4:38pm  

I've done this for a client. It's not perfect, but it works for small scale instances.

Essentially, for each agent that needs to send clients to this message, you would create a separate IVR per agent. So, if the agents name is Billy, you'd name the IVR "Billy's Greeting IVR" or whatever you'd like. Upload your full greeting to this IVR, but instead of the "say agree" part, simply phrase it as "if you accept, press one". You would then create a separate call queue for Billy called "IVR Ringback - Agree" that is mapped to key press 1. That way, billy knows that it's the client who pressed one that is coming back to speak to him, vs a potentially live call. If the client does not agree, create another queue for Billy called "IVR Ringback - Disagree" or whatever you'd want to label it. Just something that gives details about the client's key press so the agent can answer accordingly.

A few caveats:

- if the agent is part of multiple queues and a client presses the Ringback option, the agent may not be notified if they've answered another call depending on your call flow.

- it's not intended for handling multiple clients at one time.

on Jan 11, 2023 at 10:45am   •  0 likes

@tak-it1 Once you set up the IVR per agent and the call queue's that are mapped to the key press, how do you initiate the playback of the recording from within a live call?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us