News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Delete Glip-Only Users
Tags: message, subscriptions
Mar 29, 2021 at 1:12pm   •   6 replies  •  3 likes
matt-gregory

With the introduction of the new all in one RingCentral app, admins can no longer delete Glip-only users on our account that are not tied to a RC phone extension.

This is a huge security problem. When a user leaves the company, there's no way to prevent them from continuing to use RingCentral via their Glip-Only login. Even if I delete their email from our organization, it's still a functional login for RingCentral. Short of granting myself permissions to the terminated user's email and then sending a self-reset, I have no way to manage/disable these users.

This option still exists in the Classic app. We've been advised that Classic will be retired soon (May?) so there is some real urgency here...

on Jul 28, 2022 at 11:45am   •  1 likes

Has there been any movement on this issue? We have a disgruntled, non-phone extension user who was just terminated from our organization and we are not able to get him out of the system... Is there literally no way to remove these users?

on Jul 28, 2022 at 11:50am   •  1 likes

16 months later, the short answer in my experience is no. If the user was a self service addition pre All-in-one app you have to get RC support to remove them. Due to RC completely ignoring this gaping hole we've had to restructure our processes and eliminate self service signup all together. If you manually add new users via the RC admin portal as Video Pro users, you can delete them that way, but no change at all regarding deletion of users predating the major 2021 update. piss poor customer service.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 12:23pm   •  1 likes

Thanks, Matt. I can't even speak with anyone on support. I seem to get dumped into a black hole every time I call support.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 1:25pm   •  -1 likes

Hi Mitchell, have you tried creating a web support case?

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:11pm   •  0 likes

Case (15877663) has been submitted. If it can be escalated, that would be great. @Becky-Community_Manager @Mary-Community_Moderator

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:15pm   •  1 likes

Looks like you just opened the case. As soon as it is assigned to a case owner, I'll circle back with them and ask them to prioritize.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:44pm   •  0 likes

Quick catch-up - I have made contact with the case owner and they are working with the apps team to address this. Please standby and feel free to message here or via Community.Support@RingCentral.com if you don't hear from Support or need further assistance.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:03pm   •  0 likes

Great recommendation, @Mary-Community_Moderator
Also, our team is always happy to help check in on and escalate cases if needed.
Let us know if we can help!

on Jul 12, 2021 at 11:25am   •  1 likes

Spent 2-4 combined hours on chat and then phone with RC support until finally from their side they removed our old employees manually.

The first several agents I spoke to didn't even seem to realize you could have non-phone ext users on your company glip/messaging. Finally I got to one that recognized the issue, researched it, and determined that with the new app the only way is for them to manually do it for us every time. Talk about making more work for themselves!

on May 19, 2021 at 3:25pm   •  2 likes

Adding my voice as well. This is extremely frustrating. If there is not a way to do it from our end, is there a way for ringcentral to remove a user from our company?

on Apr 9, 2021 at 8:40am   •  2 likes

Would add my voice to this post. I will be switched next week to the new app which doesn't allow me to remove users. Only guests could be removed. It's definitively a problem.

PS I have a Glip pro account (not ringoffice).

on May 19, 2021 at 3:28pm   •  1 likes

Even that is a pain, to have to contact support for every user termination? The old Glip allowed this, it's an existing feature that's been removed. To allow user self signup with no means to remove those users when they're no longer with the company is a swiss cheese architecture.

on Mar 29, 2021 at 1:37pm   •  -1 likes

Hi @matt-gregory, we understand your frustration. Our Product Team is doing their best on developing essential features on the new app. For feature requests, feel free to submit it in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

on Mar 29, 2021 at 3:22pm   •  1 likes

Were it a new idea, that's where I'd put it. This is an existing feature that's been removed, and the legacy platform is being discontinued. This will very much impact our ability to continue to use RingCentral at all.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us