News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mass Texting
Tags: high-volume sms
Jul 12, 2017 at 8:08am   •   4 replies  •  2 likes
kelly-hogan
I need to be able to mass text one message to a list of 50 phone numbers....copy the numbers, paste in a text and send. Frustrating that this is not possible please if you could add this feature it would be a HUGE time saver....typing 50 phone numbers is no bueno!
on Mar 31, 2021 at 6:06pm   •  0 likes

I agree with the need for this.

I like RingCentral, but may move to Textbetter if this is not implemented soon. This can be very simply done along with allowing us to slightly customize our text message (such as including the recipient's name). Here are two simple ways we could do this.

One, allow us to cut and paste a bunch of phone numbers at once to the RingCentral app for texting. Right now we have to cut and paste one number at a time, and I just did over 300 of them on one day. That's asking for carpal tunnel syndrome and there is no good reason for this.

Two, allow us to upload a spreadsheet or .csv file with two fields. The first field would be the phone number and the second field would be the text message. That would easily allow us to use our own software to customize each message, and then upload it to RingCentral for texting. This would be my number one request and I would then be very motivated to encourage other people to switch to RingCentral as well.

Both of these upgrades should be simple to implement, and would make a huge difference for those of us who use texting to communicate professionally.
on Apr 1, 2021 at 3:32pm   •  1 likes

Hi Lance,

If you need to send SMS messages to multiple (more than 50) recipients often. Be aware of the possibility that your number will be blocked by mobile carriers for violation P2P SMS. I recommend you to read these blogs to learn more about P2P SMS vs A2P SMS (a.k.a High Volume SMS).

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/send-up-to-50-000-sms-messages-a-month-with-toll-free-sms-40306e14b7d9

https://medium.com/ringcentral-developers/sms-for-business-application-to-person-sms-c11d826ee447

If you are interested at the High Volume SMS, send a request for provision your number and try out this app from RingCentral Labs.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 10:45am   •  0 likes

Thank you - I've read the material (and the one you wrote was especially helpful Phong). I've submitted a request to provision my number. Incidentally, it was a challenge giving RingCentral a good answer to the estimated volume. I have one large survey this year where I want to use it, and will send between 100,000 and 1,000,000 texts for it depending upon the response rate. However, most months, I will send less than 500 texts.

on Apr 27, 2021 at 10:54am   •  0 likes

Hi Lance,

If you have a High Volume SMS number, login this app and you can use it to easily send bulk messages to massive amount of recipients. Load your recipients to a .csv file and upload the file to the app, which will take care of the rest. You can send broadcast or tailored messages or send a survey where you can request for response and specify auto-reply to recipients' response accordingly.

https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/high-volume-sms

on Aug 2, 2021 at 11:52am   •  0 likes

Hey Phong! As I go to try and sign up, the one field says "Phone Number(s) to enable (these will no longer be usable with end user apps, and only via the API or the High Volume SMS app) * " Is this stating I will no longer to be able to receive texts or calls on my Desktop App and/or my cell phone apps if I use my main number from RingCentral?

on Aug 4, 2021 at 10:28am   •  0 likes

Once you converted a standard SMS number to A2P (High Volume) SMS, you will not be able to send/receive SMS messages from any RingCentral official apps (RC App desktop/mobile/web, nor the RC Phone app for desktop etc.). You still can dial and receive voice calls, voice mails and Fax messages (if Fax is enabled for the number) as normal with RC apps.

The reason behind the fact that the high volume text message not being supported on RC official apps is the potential of mass inbound or out bound text messages (which can be hundreds of thousands of messages) to be rendered on the apps which is not optimized for the current app UI.

So when it comes to High Volume SMS, either build your own app using the A2P SMS APIs or use the RingCentral Labs - High Volume SMS app.

on Aug 2, 2021 at 12:09pm   •  0 likes

Speaking just for texts, that has been my experience. I can still reply to texts online, but I have to do so from the High Volume SMS app instead of my desktop app. If I want to send individual texts from my desktop app, I have to use a different number.

I'm not sure about receiving phone calls, I only use a VOIP phone for this, it still works as normal.

on May 3, 2021 at 10:18am   •  0 likes

If anyone else is looking for a mass texting solution that will allow you to upload a .csv file with your numbers and unique information, I highly recommend the High Volume SMS app that Phone Vu discusses (and created). It does everything I needed and is saving me a vast amount of time. Whatever RingCentral is paying Phong, it is not enough :)

on Apr 28, 2021 at 11:24am   •  0 likes

Thank you Phong. After seeing your post, I applied for the High Volume app with one of my RingCentral phone numbers and it must have been accepted, because today I could access the High Volume SMS app. I see it will allow me to upload a .cvs file, but I don't see any directions for what goes in the file. I understand that the phone numbers to be contacted will be in one column, but can I put a unique text message in the second column? If not, how do I input my unique message for each number?

on Apr 28, 2021 at 12:56pm   •  1 likes

Hi Lance,

Open the Help page to see how to add content to a .csv file and how to load the content from columns.

screen-shot-2021-04-28-at-125356-pm.png

The app has more functionalities now. If you want me to walk thru, feel free to email me and setup a meeting so I can help. @ phong.vu@ringentral.com

on Apr 1, 2021 at 1:07pm   •  0 likes

Hi Lance, we appreciate your suggestions. Please add this in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

on Apr 1, 2021 at 2:17pm   •  0 likes

Thanks Mary - I added it to the comments with the similar idea I found there.

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-562

on Feb 13, 2020 at 12:51pm   •  0 likes

I can add multiple numbers separated by a text, but it doesn't work to copy and paste multiple numbers. When I try to copy and paste a list of numbers separated by commas, I get the attached error message. Instead, I had to spend an hour copying and pasting them one by one.

on Jul 12, 2017 at 8:38am   •  1 likes
Hi Kelly,

Are talking about using the RingCentral SoftPhone app and the RC mobile app? Yes, you can copy/paste multiple phone numbers SEPARATED by commas "," to the "To" field and send text message. I am not sure about the max number of phone numbers though. But you can try it out with 50 or as many as you can.

+ Paco  
1 Answer
answered on Apr 19, 2022 at 4:33am  

Nice suggestion guys, will definitely try your suggestions and pick one who is the best.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us