News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How can I automatically change to DND when in a Ring Central Meeting?
Tags: meetings, video
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:49pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Josh Henderson

The Ringcentral app sees that you are in a meeting. However, phone calls to you still audibly ring interrupting the meeting. Is there a configuration to automatically change to DND while in the meeting?

on Jul 29, 2021 at 5:45am   •  1 likes

I would also like to know how to set it up so it AUTOMATICALLY goes to DND while on video meeting or conference call. Thanks.

on Jul 29, 2021 at 7:42am   •  0 likes

Hi @kelly-cote, when you're in a meeting, a red dot is shown. This presence indicates if a user is in a meeting and should not be disturbed. This presence is system-triggered and is set automatically.

on Jul 29, 2021 at 7:46am   •  1 likes

Right, but outside callers can't see that and phone calls come through. All of our personnel aren't on Ring Central so they can't see the solid red. So auto DND would be great.

on Jul 29, 2021 at 7:52am   •  0 likes

Thanks for clarifying. I see what you're trying to achieve now. Outside callers from the app are not included in it. If you want this feature to be available, please submit a request in our Ideas Portal.

on Nov 25, 2020 at 12:23am   •  0 likes
on Feb 22, 2021 at 10:35am   •  0 likes

Hello Anirban, can RC Office be setup to automatically direct calls to voicemail (DND) whenever I'm either in a RC Video meeting or on another phone call, or does the presence need to be manually set each time?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us