News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » News & Announcements
Setup TCR registration and assign numbers to your SMS campaigns through the Admin Portal
Tags: sms and text messaging, community announcement
Feb 21, 2023 at 9:29am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Mary-Community_Moderator

The TCR Self-Registration is now accessible in the Admin Portal. Please follow the instructions through the link below!

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Setting-up-TCR-registration-assigning-numbers-to-SMS-campaigns.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

on Mar 7, 2023 at 1:43pm   •  0 likes

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this T-Mobile non use fee/fine. How can we in good faith go to a smaller business customer that may use their RingCentral text here and there and say 'hey - if you don't text a T-Mobile number for 2 months, they're going to fine you $250.' I mean - we personally text a ton of people via RingCentral, so I'm not worried about that. But other businesses do it sporadically as clients desire. How in the world can you expect someone to know the carrier of all their clients.

Plus the info about it isn't consistent. Bandwidth says you just need to have at least one number assigned to the campaign to avoid the fine. But others say you have to send at least one text every 60 days to a T-Mobile number. Which is ridiculous. How can anyone be expected to know if they've qualified in a given two month window to avoid that fine. And how is it assessed? Does RingCentral just bill it? The heck with that. Honestly, right now I don't know that I can in good faith continue to encourage my RingCentral clients to use SMS anymore. Not with this mess. I also don't understand how outfits like ClickSend and so on aren't going through the same ridiculous hoops (that's who we use for automated alert texting). Is RingCentral planning to implement some type of warning to say 'hey you didn't text T-Mobile this month - you might want to'

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:14pm   •  0 likes

where do you see this information, I can not find it. This whole thing is turning into a nightmare!

on Feb 28, 2023 at 9:00am   •  0 likes

I filed out the required paperwork 6 weeks ago and have a ticket that has sat without any update or RingCentral action.

The new directions to create a brand don't work for me: I don't have an "Enhanced Business SMS" drop down window under "phone system" on my admin page.

The first step of the checklist is "After registering with the IRS, you’ll receive a letter ...". How can this be the first step? How do I get this letter? Do I get this letter from the form I filled out 6 weeks ago which created the open ticket?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:10am   •  0 likes

We are also having the same issue; we are still unable to view the enhanced business SMS or any option at all for the TCR self-registration. We cannot have our SMS be at halt since it is a major part on how we run our business.

Thank you,

on Mar 1, 2023 at 11:21am   •  0 likes

Matthew, I have escalated your concern to the TCR Program Managers for review. We'll have an update soon. In the meantime, if you have further questions, please reach out to us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 28, 2023 at 10:56am   •  0 likes

Exactly the same here. Filled out a form somewhere, but have no Enhanced Business SMS option, no letter received, no responses from RingCentral support. Waiting for my SMS service to just stop working one day, which will be very disruptive for us.

on Feb 28, 2023 at 6:23am   •  0 likes

We do not use high volume SMS but do provide our staffs' numbers to customers if they prefer to reach out to us via SMS. Any high volume SMS is done through third party services. There are several hundred numbers assigned to staff that could potentially communicate with customers via SMS. When setting up campaigns do I need to add all of our staff assigned numbers?

on Feb 21, 2023 at 1:08pm   •  0 likes

Is TCR registration required for all RC numbers or just numbers that will particpate in bulk SMS activities? If a number is used for non-bulk SMS, is TCR registration required? I ask because the link specifically says if no TCR registration, SMS will be disabled as of 3/31/2023. Thanks

on Feb 23, 2023 at 8:19am   •  0 likes

Jeremy, I wanted to follow up - right now, we don't show that we have received a TCR registration for your company.
I would be happy to have a Program Manager helping with the TCR process reach out to walk you through the Self-Service Registration process.
Also, there is a new video, found HERE, that can help you with the process as well.

on Feb 21, 2023 at 2:03pm   •  0 likes

Jeremy, All numbers leveraging SMS must be registered no matter the activity.
I would encourage you to register if your company uses SMS for any purposes.
You can do that through Admin Portal now.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us